The Government will administer coronavirus vaccine to children between 15 to 18 years from January 3 in the country. Registration for the same is available from January 1. According to the guidelines of the center, only children of this age group will get the vaccine. CoWIN Platform Chief Dr. RS Sharma said that for this, you have to register on the Cowin App. Dr. RS Sharma said that the class 10th ID card will also be considered as identity proof for registration. This is because some students will not have an Aadhar card or any other identity card.
Vaccine registration process
1. First of all, go to the CoWIN App. Enter your mobile number and then OTP. Login in by entering it.
2. Now choose any one photo ID proof from Aadhar Card, Driving License, PAN Card, Passport, Pension Passbook, NPR Smart Card, Voter ID, Unique Disability ID or Ration Card.
3. Enter the number, name of the ID you have chosen. Then select Gender and Date of Birth.
4. After the member is added, you enter the pin code of your nearest area. The list of vaccination centers will appear.
5. Select the date, time and vaccine of vaccination. Go to the center and get vaccinated.
At present, only 15 to 18 year old children will be given the coronavirus vaccine in the country. The government has not taken a decision on the vaccination of children younger than that. Even though the Drugs Controller has approved Bharat Biotech’s Covaxin for emergency use for children in the age group of 12 to 18 years, the government has decided to start vaccination only for children aged 15 to 18 year old.
According to official figures, there are around 100 million children in the age group of 15-18 years in the country. The demand for children’s vaccines in the country has been high for a long time.
More than 30 countries are giving coronavirus vaccines to children with different conditions. In Cuba, children above the age of 2 are being vaccinated, while in South Korea, Australia and the Philippines, children above the age of 12 are receiving shots.